AD

AD
YOUR AD HERE

Artist Spotlight "Konnekt"


Artist: Kendra "Konnekt" Lewis
Age: 24
Hometown: Brooklyn NY / Charlotte NC/ Greenville SC
Genre: Hip Hop, Spoken Word, Poetry
Mixtapes/Albums: Konnekt in High Def  (Released June 2011)
Latest Project: "What Went Wrong" Frank the Phresh ft. Konnekt - <<VIDEO HERE >>
Links: www.reverbnation.com/kendrakonnekt
www.facebook.com/KendraKonnektLewis
www.youtube.com/konnektshun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOceSiBL_kA&feature=youtube_gdata_player << last artist on this cypher >>
Twitter/Instagram: @K_The_RHiddler
Email: konnekttherhiddler@gmail.com

Q: Briefly describe your life growing up.
A: I lived a few different places... SC, VA, AR, TN, NC, & now NY. My older sister Tieshia introduced me to the artists that influence my lyrical style, from Nas to Jay to Pac & MC Lyte & others. I kinda had a troublesome childhood tho so writing & speaking/ performing in front of ppl became my outlet.

Q:  How long have you been doing music?
A: Since I was 11, so 13 years now.

Q: What artists have you collaborated with?
A: Frank the Phresh (@frankthephresh) Kidd Saturday (@kiddsaturday) VIP (@stillvshawty), D Jones the General, (all out of NC) & now I'm formulating a few upcoming collabos with some artists in NY

Q: What producers have you worked with?
A: Mr. Opportunity (Jay Hodges @CarolinaBeats) Bigg Shawn from Pyramid Studios in Greenville NC produced Konnekt in High Def, Frank the Phresh recorded & engineered "What Went Wrong", as did Kidd Saturday on our collab.

Q: Scale from 1-10.. What would you rate your stage performance?
A: A good 7-8... Been doin it for a loooong time but I do know there's always room for improvement & better resources

Q: Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
A: On your tv, in your headphones, been on a collab with Kendrick Lamar by then :-) speaking at your child's/little sister's/cousin's school abt the importance of positive self-expression, speaking at conferences, giving back to my hoods, etc

Q: Do you think your career in the industry will be long term?
A: Yes. There's no one major right now that's doing what I'm trying to do. && that's bring real lyricism back to the female rap game, have a message, & use subtle sexuality rather than being overtly sexy. I get a lot of references to Lauryn Hill, that's the most flattering thing.

Q: If you weren't so deeply involved with music.. What do you think you would be doing besides music?
A: Anything to positively influence the children. If it wasn't for God placing positive ppl in my life I wouldnt be where I am. I want to be that for others. I have a degree in criminal justice with a minor in Child Development & Family Relations so I would be putting that to use.

Comments