AD

AD
YOUR AD HERE

Artist Spotlight - "K Flum"


Artist:
Kevin Flum
Age: 20
Hometown: Columbia, SC
Genre: Rap/Hip Hop
Mixtapes/Albums: First Debut Mixtape/Album “D.E.M.O.N.S” drops September 13th
Latest Project: Currently recording/structuring the “D.E.M.O.N.S” tape.  [It’s an acronym for “Dream Enough, Make Our Nightmares Sweet” A collection of songs which describe the life of an average kid who feel like he’s in a nightmare and wants to one day accomplish his biggest goals and dreams]
Twitter: @KFlum
 
 
Q: Briefly describe your life growing up..
A: Born on April 29, 1993 in Southern Germany, my dad was in the military and my mom was a German citizen.  After I was born I moved around a lot due to my dad’s job.  I got to travel to most parts of Europe and see a lot of different things.  Growing up was great because I always had a sense of stability in the relationship with my parents and they raised me well.
 
Q: How long have you been doing music?
A: I fell in love with music/rap when I bought a copy of 50 Cent’s “Get Rich or Die Tryin” Album back in 2005.  However I did not start writing and recording my own stuff till 2009 after I had moved to the states.  I was the new kid in school and moving to the states was a big culture shock to me so I wasn’t quite established in any social group for my first year there.  Since I had so much freetime, my best friend Chase and I would make simple beats and I would write and record to them.
 
Q: What artists have you collaborated with?
A: I haven’t worked with anybody on a major scale yet, but as far as getting some good records done I’ve worked with VA’s MC “Brix” and a few friends from Columbia that rap and do music as well. 
 
Q:What producers have you worked with?
A: I’ve been fortunate enough to work with a few very talented and known producers.  When I was doing work in Baltimore I worked with BeatRyda, and in VA I work with Dante Lewis and Michael Melvin of the “Dezperawdos” when I’m recording. 
 
Q: Scale from 1-10.. What would you rate your stage performance? 
A: As far as performing, I’ve had only one major performance and that was opening for Yo Gotti.  I’d give my self an 8 only because there is ALWAYS room for improvement and ways to make the crowd more hype.  I have more coming up so hopefully I’ll learn more and become more comfortable and one with the stage.
 
Q: Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? 
A: I see myself still making music, generating good revenue from shows/music sales.  I see me moving to California with my team so we can work out there and broaden our audience while doing tours/shows all over the US and even hit Europe.
 
Q: Do you think your career in the industry will be long term? 
A: Absolutely yes, because of my diversity, I believe I can keep people interested in me because of how many different types of songs I can write to and allow people to relate on.  Whether it’s a deep song with personal experiences, or a club banger filled with witty punch lines and recognizable adlibs.  Not only do I want to rap but I’d like to get into producing and engineering as well.
 
Q: If you weren’t so deeply involved with music, what do you think you’d be doing besides music?
A: I wasn’t doing music I’d probably be working a regular job and going to school studying Graphic Design.  I’d probably be more involved in school than anything else because of how traditional my parents are about it.
 


Links:
 
Kevin Flum- Girls Love Beyonce (Freestyle)
 
Kevin Flum- Biggest Fan (Single)
 
Kevin Flum- Blocka (Freeverse)
 

Comments