AD

AD
YOUR AD HERE

Producer Talent - Ez Elpee

Name: Ez Elpee
Twitter: @EzElpee

[Interview transcribed by: LC Jones]

Hey man, whats up? How's life?
Life's, life. Living. I'm good. My heart ain't fallin out my chest. My eyeball ain't pop out. No heart attack. Lol. I can eat what I want. I love pork. Life is good.

For all the people who may not be familiar with you.. Let them know who you are and where you're from. 
I'm EZ ELPEE. Bronx is where I'm from. New York that is, if you don't know where that's at. Lol

How long have you been producing & at what age did you first make a beat? 
Dang!! Thats gone give away my age ain't it? Uhhh, bout 10, 15 years. I'll say 15. Maybe more than that. Ummm, I guess, oh man, What age did I first make a beat? Probably about 22, 23. Lol

What inspired you to enter the music industry?
Ummm, Wat inspired me to enter the music industry? 10 terrible records that made me want to make a change. Kinda like now. I keep hearin terrible music. I had to get back in the studio. Yea, I think that was the main reason. Plus I think I can do better than everybody. I'm an asshole like that.

What producers influence you?
Buckwild influenced me to start. And right now who inspires me to wanna do beats? U know right now the funniest thing is, I know this gone sound crazy, but Alchemist.

You said who? Alchemist? Oh wow u gone have to explain that....
Why does Alchemist inspire me? Cuz he does grimy ass beats! Well let me put it like this.... I just heard this album and his beat are crazy. He's not doing what everyone else is doin. He's formatting different. He's not making what everyone else is making. Everyone was making down south beats. Why do we need so many down south beats? People were doin the same thing like there are rules. He does his own thing. Its like u gotta do your snares this way, your drums that way. You gotta have all club beats now. That sucks! People should come together with a bunch of crazy different shit. That's what's fuckin the game up now. Everyone sounded the same. I hate that. It's like u make something, u eat off that and then u stil hungry cuz it won't enough.

What mainstream recording artists have you worked with? And who would you like to work with? 
I've worked with the greatest alive, 3 of the greatest rappers that are dead, I've worked with.

So who are you talkin bout? Who are the 3 greatest that are dead?
I've worked with all the Bigs. There is no greater.  Biggie, Big L, and Big Pun. I work with the next biggest thing, to me I think, which is Rocky. I think their whole movement is great. They're gonna be great. I've worked with everybody.... Diddy, Shyne, Lil Kim, Noreaga, Mobb Deep, Lush, Nas, G-Dep. I've worked with .... everybody!!

How did your first opportunity working with a major artist come about? And describe how you felt when you first got the news. 
The first artist I worked with was Biggie, and he told me on the spot "Play a beat". I was excited. We played it in his house at his moms crib. That beat became a platinum record.

What record was that and who was on it?
"Get Money"... Lil Kim was on that.

How do you feel about the current sound of hip hop/rap music?
Uhh, It's starting to go back and forth a better way. It's moving in a positive way because it's not so one-sided anymore. It was all ATL. It needed more. Like it's more in life than chicken. Everyone don't wanna eat chicken everyday. But it's goin in better direction because people tryin to get away from the ATL sound. Even Jeezy goin to DJ Mustard for a new sound.

Are there any upcoming projects you are working on that music lovers should be on the lookout for?
Mitchie Flick, G-Mo, he from Phoenix, ASAP Rocky, ASAP Twelvyy, Tommy Nova, Blue Rocks, and a couple of other things I'm not gonna mention right now. Can't tell you everything.

How can people & potential clients get in contact with you?
Call Geno Simms. Dat's who's managing me.... or they can get me at @EZELPEE on Twitter or Instagram.

Do you have any advice for the new producers coming up trying to make a name for themselves?
Yea, I got some advice. Good Luck. It's all luck out here. Most people don't win. And even if u score a placement, chances of scoring another goal is slim to none. Just get your equipment, get you a artist, find a group or the nearest trend. NETWORK.

Thanks for agreeing to have this interview. Im looking forward to the next one. 
No problem. Imma interview u next lol....


** A few songs Ez Elpee produced.. **


Comments