AD

AD
YOUR AD HERE

Peat (@SouthsidePeat)


Honestly, I haven't indulged in the rap battle realm in quite some time, but this one particular individual caught my attention. Growing up in the rugged, gritty Virginia streets in the "757" Hampton Roads area, Peat managed to maneuver through life's obstacles and challenges. Peat's gun bars and wittiness captivates the audience in every performance. He says he's new the battle rap scene, but he seems as if he's a seasoned vet. Peat has tremendous upside, potential in his young battle career if he keeps it up at the pace he's at. 

Thanks for agreeing to do this interview with me Mr. Peat.. I know your time is valuable so let's get straight to it bro!

Q: If you weren’t battle rapping or doing music.. What do you think you’d be doing?
A: If I wasn’t battling I’d just be doing what I do everyday man being dad and working this is a dream and a hobby I’ve always done music but this here is like a beautiful mid life crisis 

Q: When you’re getting ready for an upcoming rap battle.. How do you prepare? Like, do you research your opponent, do you recite your raps in the mirror? What’s a typical battle prep for you? 
A: Getting ready for a battle is honestly a process I start soon as I learn my opponents name I may do some research on previous battles but being I’m new to this I just go in gun bar killer always been a performer so it’s just memory and thank god for voice recordings for that 

Q: How long have you been battle rapping? On a scale 1-10 what would you rate yourself as a battle rapper and why?
A: I been doing this about a year now 3 battles in 3-0 this year alone. I have five so this is my footage year so to say; but I feel every battle I learn something and I improve for the next. As far as ratings go, I’ll give myself a 7 out of  10. I got some stuff to work on but I recognize it and I listen to more battles now so I’m learning. 

Q: Who do you think was your toughest competitor so far?
A: I think my toughest opp was Ozase he came with mad energy and had he completed his rounds. Things could of went the other way but in hindsight with what I know now I’ll kill him easy.

Q: And is there any particular person that you want to battle now or in the future?
A:And as far as future battles honestly I wanna see some of the vets dudes my age like Squeako, Rolla, Sal, and even my upcoming opponent Rich and of course that RBE 30 Gang. 

Q: What are the links to your social media?
A: @SouthsidePeat - IG  @PeatSouthside - X aka Twitter  @Rodcooke - Facebook  


Q: Aight now, shoutout any supporters, fellow battle rappers, people who help put these events together, family members, etc.. Show love to whoever you rock with. 
A: Shoutout to Malc Fisher Headhunters TV. Dynasty Battle League, and my dude RJ (Big Rog) for putting me on to the league.

---

Links


Comments