AD

AD
YOUR AD HERE

Black K - "Artist Spotlight"



Artist: Black-K
Age: 27
Hometown: Norfolk, VA
Genre: Hip Hop
Mixtapes/Albums: "I'm The Truth For Real" " The Other Side Of The B" " The Cutting Room Floor" " I'm The Truth For Real Vol. 2"
Latest Project: " I'm The Truth For Real Vol. 2 "
Links: Twitter.com/IAMBlack_K , Facebook.com/blackfistent
Email: Blackfistent@Gmail.com
---
Q & A's..

Q: Briefly describe your life growing up.
A: I grew up in a two parent household until my parents seperated when I was in the 8th grade. So we went from living in houses to living in one bedroom apartments. Eventhough my pops was always in our lives, we lived with my mom so times were hard.

Q: How long have you been doing music?
A: I started rapping at 17 so it's been 10 years. I didn't start recording until I was about 19 though, it's crazy how time flies.

Q: What artists have you collaborated with?
A: To make a long list short, and this is not to discredit anybody I leave off; I've worked with my group DYB which is Fritz, Lokknes Monsta, N V Da Profit, Petey P, and myself. I've worked with Eardrumz. I've worked with Genobull and Kraff the Boy shoutout to ATM. I got joints with Trixx, Blitz Boi, Rone, Freshmoney, D-Cyfer, Main-one, ILL-Logic, A. Block .... it's a long list.

Q: What producers have you worked with?
A: The producer list is alot shorter, I've had production from Eardrumz that's like my go to guy right there. A few joints with Young Seph. I've worked with a young dude by the name of Integral he's pretty dope. I got some recent production from A. Block. I got some joints from Blitz Boi. I got some DYB production shoutout Lokknes and Profit. I've also moved into the production arena myself so I produced a few joints.

Q: Scale from 1-10.. What would you rate your stage performance?
A: I haven't had many "performances" but as far as just rocking the mic in front of people i'd give myself a 9.5, when it comes to performances I would have to say about a 7. I learned alot from my few experiences but I haven't had the chance to really apply it.

Q: Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
A: I plan on having my debut album out, with a strong production resume under my belt. I also expect to be working with my first artist on my label.

Q: Do you think your career in the industry will be long term?
A: I don't really feel like this is a career because I love doing it so much, my involvement with music will probably last forever tho. It doesn't matter to me if it's in the limelight or in my spare time, I love doing it so the industry isn't even in my eyesight in that aspect. I got tunnel vision, I just see myself making great music and uplifting whoever hears it.

Q: If you weren't so deeply involved with music.. What do you think you would be doing besides music?
A: Probably the same thing i'm doing now, working, going to school, and taking care of/being there for my family. I'm really creative, so i'm starting to get into photography, videography, and i'm about to begin writing a book. I got a couple other business ventures in the works so i'd probably be working on that also.

Comments