AD

AD
YOUR AD HERE

Artist Spotlight - "Red October"

 
Artist Name: Red October aka The School Teacher
Hometown: Williamsburg VA
Genre: Hip hop/Rap
Albums: (2) unreleased, 1 street release entitled, " Take Out Ur Notebooks" with songs featured on the website at www.reverbnation.com/theschoolteacher
Latest Project: above⇧, last song recorded is entitled "Sexy Boss" produced by Beam productions.
Links: www.reverbnation.com/theschoolteacher ; www.youtube.com/theschoolteacher ; (fan/like music page) www.facebook.com/redooctoberr or www.facebook.com/rreddooctoberr ;
Email: rreddooctoberr@gmail.com

--- 
 
Q: Briefly describe your life growing up.
A: Growing up in Yorktown and Williamsburg Virginia was hectic with four brothers and four sisters and a Muslim background. It was also never a dull moment. My best memories were performing with friends to Janet Jackson songs around our neighborhood.Also picking blackberries was big for us! lol , we got shot at picking those! We had really good times though! My oldest brother made a zipline in the backyard, that I broke my arm from falling off of. I once ran away because I thought we were too poor to b having the eighth child.Who I love dearly today and is he's also Erad of 'The Genyu Force. I worked as a juvenile performer for Colonial Williamsburg 9-12, i was pretty well grown from then on lol, thats around the time when I ran away. Ofcourse I only went by bus to my Grandmas n Philly;-) n after a few days was sent back home.
 
Q: How long have you been doing music?
A: I was in a group called Dope Discovery at age 9 starting out,we'd write positive rap music, choreograph dance moves, shoot videos, perform talent shows and were even in the Newspaper and sparked the attention of Teddy Riley (Full bio on www.reverbnation.com/theschoolteacher).
 
Q: What artists have you collaborated with?
A: I have collaborated with Tiffany of Makin the Band,performed at a Chris Brown show, Trina and Plies show,a Pussy Cat Dos show, Trey Songz show at Willet Hall,we, Miami Seven Events now TheAtlantaPeach.com, set that up as well as TI and various other artists concerts. Ive worked with Napolean ' kingpen wit da Inkpen' out of Suffolk Va and CJ Mckee an R&B artist from Atlanta Ga when i lived there four to five years. Jon Vegas of Capitol V entertainment out of Suffolk VA ,soon to collab with Grandson who has "im doin numbaz" out wit 2 Chainz, Soul Friends neosoul out of ATL(Sang with), Kash Dimes of Portsmouth VA,
 
Q: What producers have you worked with?
A: Jon Vegaz (more on engineering tho n a guitar solo n i did a mixtape with em.I jus did ALOT of recording with him because I always felt real comfortable.) Omonte , Jaywan Inc of Virgin, (access to Pharell & Timbaland beat) Eric Manigault of JTF Va bch,Rondell Cobb of Fast Tracks Va Beach, Vnice Productions of Richmond Virginia, Pius of Pius ent Atl, Ga, Tragic Beatz of Mayhem Productions , Clint Easwood of Beam Productions of now Hampton Va.,Dezperawdos ent of Va bch Va. and I may have forgotten a few,so im sorry to anyone Ive forgotten temporarily.

Q: Scale from 1-10.. What would you rate your stage performance?
A: Id say ima 8.6 on the performance scale, only because id like to think that there is still opportunity to grow.
 
Q: Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
A: In five years I can see myself touring worldwide to cater to my fans.
 
Q: Do you think your career in the industry will be long term?A: Definitely see Music as a longterm marriage because it has and will always be in me.
 
Q: If you weren't so deeply involved with music.. What do you think you would be doing besides music?
A: I have always been an entertainer since I was little and I have some experience as a professional actor as well, so if Im not engaged in writing music or film I may be engaged in acting. I lived in LA and auditioned for lead roles in major motion pictures. I have work completed with Cicely Tyson and Maya Angelou, "African American Trailblazers" ,which I played a lead and this piece of work is instilled in all VA public schools to help teach History. Which i love because I majored in African history at MBC ATL GA,and History thereafter at Hampton University Hampton VA.


www.reverbnation.com/theschoolteacher
www.youtube.com/rreddooctoberr
www.twitter.com/rreddooctoberr
www.facebook.com/redooctoberr
www.facebook.com/rreddooctoberr
www.instagram.com/rreddooctoberr

 

Comments